Safety and Security Tips: Buying and Selling on Thailandbazar.com
Thailandbazar.com is concerned about the safety and security of our customers. Accordingly, we have put a number of technological protections in place to ensure that our transaction process is extremely safe and that our customers' information is secure.
However, keep in mind that customer protection is a two-way street. When buying or selling on any online venue, caution must always be practiced.
The overwhelming majority of online transactions are completed without incident. While the possibility of being defrauded by a third-party is minimal, there are some risks. Thailandbazar.com has developed the following guidelines to help ensure that your online shopping experience is safe and secure.
Safety and Security Tips
Buyer and Seller Tip: Protect your passwords.
- If using a public computer or terminal, always log out when you complete an online session.
- Keep your passwords private. Remember, anybody who knows your password may access your account.
- When creating a password, use at least 8 characters--a combination of letters and numbers is best. Do not use dictionary words, your name, e-mail address, or other personal information that can be easily obtained. It is also recommended that you frequently change your password
- Avoid using the same password for multiple online accounts.
- Passwords are case sensitive. For instance, "PASSWORD" and "Password" are two different passwords. When choosing a password, remember the capitalization you use.
- Passwords must be a minimum of 6 characters.
- It's best to avoid passwords that are easy to guess, such as "secret," "password," etc. We also suggest that you avoid using your name, e-mail address, or other personal information that is easily obtained.
- Though it's not a requirement, adding numbers or special characters to your password will make it even stronger. For example, the password "links2!%" is a much stronger password than "links."
- Guard your password carefully. Remember, anyone who knows your password may access your account.
Buyer and Seller Tip: Be wary of unsolicited e-mail and telephone contacts.
- Thailandbazar.com will never e-mail or call a customer and ask that they disclose or verify their Thailandbazar.com password, credit card, or banking account number. Such information should only be submitted when completing an order on Thailandbazar.com. If you receive a suspicious e-mail with a link to update your account information, do not click on the link--instead go directly to www.thailandbazar.com and then to your account.
- If you are contacted by, or receive an unsolicited e-mail from an unknown entity, and are asked to confirm or provide your password or personal or banking information, simply disregard the request and report the incident to Thailandbazar.com for investigation.
- If you receive a suspected spoofed Thailandbazar.com e-mail, or discover a fake Thailandbazar.com Web site, please report the incident to Thailandbazar.com.
Buyer Tip: Research your seller.
- Buyers should always research a seller's feedback history prior to initiating a transaction. Feedback is the leading indicator of a seller's overall quality. Look for clues within a seller's feedback that indicate the following: The ability to fulfill and ship orders in a timely fashion, a seller's willingness to resolve transaction disputes, and an indication that the quality of the products shipped matches the description supplied by the seller.